The Range Rover Evoque is one of our favourite models here at Vantage, and after reading a cracking review of the vehicle over at Motorbar, I was inspired to write a post detailing some of the accessories and upgrades available when purchasing.
“If ever a car was likely to ‘go platinum’ on looks alone, it’s the Evoque” – this line from the review summarises it perfectly. The Evoque is an effortlessly attractive car.
The Evoque began life as a concept car, with the aim of being a more environmentally friendly addition to the Land Rover range: the smallest diesel model will give you over 50mpg. Fuel efficiency can be increased further by opting for automatic transmission – which is described as “so smooth that you can’t help but smile when you first experience it”.
First, let’s look at the extras that come as standard across all models. Not a bad list, we think you’ll agree:
- Climate control
- Heated leather seats
- A touchscreen infotainment system
- Bluetooth kit
- 18” alloys
- Sound system including 11 speakers, described as having “a punchy level of performance that will have even the most hardened audiophile nodding their head in appreciation”
If you have sportier or more luxurious tendencies, you can opt for the Dynamic or Prestige range respectively. The former gives 20-inch wheels, a rear spoiler and side skirts, while the latter features a more refined interior finish. You can choose to have a panoramic glass roof instead of the default too, which really opens up the car and adds a sense of space.
One of the more recommended additional extras for the Evoque is the Lux pack – the review describes this as initially “sounding a lot, but not when you look at what it gets you“. So, what does it get you?
- Park assist system
- Surround camera system with tow assistance
- Keyless entry
- A powered tailgate
- A 17 speaker surround system – 6 more than the default option
- Analogue/digital TVs in the seats
- Auto-dimming rear mirror
- Blind spot monitoring
Not a bad selection of goodies, we say! To summarise, this is a car that’s been designed with efficiency and elegance in mind and, with the extras and options for customisations, there’s something for everyone. All of this combines to give you a car that was described by Motorbar as “always thoroughly enjoyable to drive; capable, comfortable and well mannered“.
Latest posts by Itrat Batool (see all)
- Be Prepared for Anything with These Auto Accessories - April 19, 2016
- A Guide to Driving/Car Holidays in the UK - January 26, 2016
- Honda named most reliable make for used cars, yet Citroen hangs on to the ‘fastest-selling’ used car accolade - October 13, 2015