But buyer beware – before getting behind the wheel of your next vehicle make sure you remain vigilant before buying warns one Northamptonshire motor sales boss.
With more used cars than ever available it’s important to be thorough before you seal that deal says Mark Swindells of Croyland Car Megastore in Rushden.
Here are Mark’s top tips:
- Make sure you know what you are buying – be thorough with all your checks.
- Give the car a proper run during a test drive – take it around town but also drive it in more challenging areas including tackling steeper hills.
- Find a checklist online to compare the cars you are interested in and don’t forget your wider research – looking online can tell you whether the car is stolen or salvaged as well as a guide price for its estimated value.
The numbers of used cars up for grabs has shot up due in part to factors including strong rebounding of new car sales and the number of expiring leases increasing.
However looks can be deceiving, especially in the used car industry and potential buyers need to remain mindful that some vehicles can turn out to be less of a bargain due to heavy repairs, coupled with maintenance costs.
Mark added: “With more people interested in used cars and a wider selection available, it is more important than ever to make sure you know exactly what you are buying.”
He urged buyers to check out insurance details along with petrol consumption and any road tax pitfalls. In addition drivers have the option to get an independent mechanic to give vehicles a once over prior to purchase.
Last but not least check the vehicle’s history – it could have a chequered past!
Don’t just focus on the ownership details but also check for previous accidents and any repair or damage reports.
For peace of mind head to Croyland Car Megastore which has hundreds of used cars on offer and an array of models including coupes, convertibles, family hatchbacks and saloons.
It’s easy to navigate website hosts an extensive database of cars, vans and vehicles available along with details of prices, condition and road tax bands.
For more information go to www.croylandcarmegastore.co.uk
Latest posts by Emma Ward (see all)
- Buying a car outright? Check out the pro’s and con’s! - May 11, 2016
- A Guide to Alternative Car Fuels – [Infographic] - May 3, 2016
- The 3 Main Car Finance Options and How to Choose the Best One for You - April 5, 2016